I sea risotto
I sea risotto
Our risotto recipe with seaweed bacon is warm, comforting, and satisfying. Swap out the chicken broth for veggie broth and you'll have a completely plant-based meal. Feel free to add your favorite extra vegetables for a simple but impressive dinner.
Share on facebook
Share on pinterest
- 12 I sea bacon leaves
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 500 gr asparagus, trimmed, cut into 2-inch length
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cups arborio rice or medium-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (if needed)
- Tear I sea bacon leaves in smaller pieces. Heat a layer of olive oil in a pan. Put a few bacon leaves in the hot oil (make sure that bacon leaves don`t touch the bottom of the pan).
- Bake the leaves 10sec on each side, till they turn green. Put the baked leaves out of the pan on a paper towel, repeat for all of the leaves.
- Blanch asparagus pieces in large pot of boiling, salted water 2 minutes. Drain. Rinse asparagus under cold water. Drain the asparagus well.
- Bring the chicken broth to simmer in small saucepan. Reduce the heat to low and keep the broth hot. Heat olive oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir 3 minutes. Add dry white wine and cook until the liquid evaporates. Continue cooking until rice is tender but still slightly firm in center and mixture is creamy, adding chicken broth 1 cup at a time and stirring almost constantly, about 20 minutes.
- Add blanched asparagus pieces and stir until heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add 6 tablespoons butter and stir until incorporated. Stir in grated Parmesan cheese. Season risotto to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put baked I sea bacon leaves on the top of the dish and spread it over 4 plates
You need the following product to prepare this dish:
Are you feeling creative?
You can share your recipes with us via Instagram or Facebook, don't forget to use #greennachos!
To receive the latest recipes from Seamore subscribe to our Newsletter!