I sea cheesy & smoky plant-based carbonara
We are thrilled to share this plant-based carbonara recipe by Farah from The Soul Spoon, she shared this plant based and gluten free recipe with seaweed pasta and bacon, that started out from her Youtube channel, sharing mindfulness tips and more. Check her out!
This is the ultimate comfort food and is SO nutritious. The sauce is full of gorgeous nutrients even though it tastes like melted cheese! The seaweed bacon bacon adds a beautiful smoky flavor and also brings a lot of great nutrients to the table like iodine and potassium to name a few. Pair it with some of your favorite spaghetti or some seaweed pasta like we did.
Vegan Cheese Sauce:
- 5 tsp soy sauce
- 3 small potatoes boiled until soft with skins taken off
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 250g soaked and drained cashews (soak in hot water for at least 4 hours)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Sprinkle of I sea bacon flakes
- 6 tbsp dairy free milk of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the pasta:
- 50g I sea pasta
- 25g spaghetti or linguine
Toppings: Handful of I sea bacon, cut into thin strips.
Plant-Based Carbonara Preparation
- Blend all the ingredients for the vegan cheese sauce together in a food processor or blender until totally smooth.
- Add more milk if you want it to be a thinner consistency.
- Spoon the sauce over your favourite spaghetti or make a mix of spaghetti and I sea pasta for added texture and health boost.
You need the following product to prepare this dish:
Are you feeling creative?
You can share your recipes with us via Instagram or Facebook, don’t forget to use #greennachos!
To receive the latest recipes from Seamore subscribe to our Newsletter!