Cheesy Smokey Vegan Carbonara
We’ve got this amazing recipe made by Farah from The Soul Spoon, she shared the plant based and gluten free recipe I sea pasta with I sea bacon that started out from her Youtube channel, sharing mindfulness tips and more. Check her out!
This is the ultimate comfort food and is SO nutritious. The sauce is full of gorgeous nutrients even though it tastes like melted cheese! The I sea bacon adds a beautiful smoky flavour and also brings a lot of great nutrients to the table like iodine and potassium to name a few. Pair it with some of your favorite spaghetti or some I sea pasta like I did. Try our cheesy smokey vegan carbonara yourself!
1) Ingredients (for 2)
Vegan Cheese Sauce:
- 5 tsp soy sauce
- 3 small potatoes boiled until soft with skins taken off
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 250g soaked and drained cashews (soak in hot water for at least 4 hours)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Sprinkle of I sea bacon flakes
- 6 tbsp dairy free milk of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the pasta:
- 50g I sea pasta
- 25g spaghetti or linguine
Toppings: Handful of I sea bacon, cut into thin strips.
- Blend all the ingredients for the vegan cheese sauce together in a food processor or blender until totally smooth.
- Add more milk if you want it to be a thinner consistency.
- Spoon the sauce over your favourite spaghetti or make a mix of spaghetti and I sea pasta for added texture and health boost.
3) Ready to enjoy!
You need the following products to prepare this dish: