I sea plant-based carbonara
The ultimate Healthy Comfort food: a plant-based carbonara pasta. We combined the Seaweed Pasta with a super creamy sauce and added crunchy bacon on top. Don’t wait any longer and get cooking!
By Manon Jousset from @courgetticonfetti
• 50g Seamore’s Seaweed Pasta
• 100g (fresh) tagliatelle
• 3-4 slices plant-based bacon
• 60g frozen peas
• 50g (plant-based) grated parmesan cheese and some extra for on top
• 250ml Rude Health almond milk
• 1⁄2 cauliflower
• 2 garlic cloves
• 1⁄2tl nutmeg
- Boil the seaweed pasta for 20 minutes in plenty of water with a vegetable stock cube.
- In the meantime, prepare the tagliatelle following the packaging instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, you can already make the pasta sauce. Cut the cauliflower into cubes. Wash the cauliflower and put it in a pan with 250ml almond milk, the garlic (roughly chopped), nutmeg and a good pinch of salt.
- Bring to boil. Occasionally poke the cauliflower, as soon as it is al dente, remove the pan from the heat. Puree with your immersion blender (or in a blender) to a smooth sauce. Stir in 20 grams of parmesan cheese.
- Drain the seaweed pasta and tagliatelle after 20 minutes. Add half of the pasta sauce and the garden peas to the pan with pasta and mix everything together.
- Bake the slices of vegan bacon crispy in a frying pan. Then place them on a paper towel.
- Cut the bacon slices into pieces and finely chop the parsley.
- Take two deep plates for serving. Heat the pasta and sauce briefly. Divide the sauce first and then the pasta between the two plates. Sprinkle the bacon, parsley and remaining Parmesan cheese over the pasta. Enjoy! 💚
You need the following product to prepare this dish:
Are you feeling creative?
You can share your recipes with us via Instagram or Facebook, don’t forget to use #iseapasta!
To receive the latest recipes from Seamore subscribe to our Newsletter.