I sea avocado toast with poached egg
This avocado toast with poached egg and seaweed bacon recipe will make you rethink breakfasts. Looking for a way to upgrade your weekend brunch to a next level ? We upgraded the classic avocado toast with our seaweed bacon, adding the ultimate crunchiness and salty taste. ?
By Lieke Boerema from @dutchfoodheritage
Lieke Boerema@dutchfoodheritage Read More
"Pimp up your regular avocado toast with this crispy seaweed bacon! It adds not only a great savory flavor but also crispness."
Share on facebook
Share on pinterest
- 4 pieces of Seamore's Seaweed Bacon
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- A few radishes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp vinegar
For the avocado mash
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 lemon
- Crushed or powdered garlic
- Optional: parsley
Avocado Toast With Poached Egg: Preparation
- Let's start preparing the water for the poached eggs. Bring about a liter of water to a boil. Besides that, you can already toast the slices of bread.
- Then, the mashed avocado. For this, you cut open the avocado. Remove the seed and scoop out the avocado flesh. Mix the avocado with a pinch of salt, pepper, freshly grated lemon zest and lemon juice. If you like to add any herbs like cilantro or parsley, you can chop that and mix it in as well.
- Divide the mashed avocado on the two slices of bread.
- Heat the olive oil in the frying pan, and bake the Seaweed Bacon for about 30 seconds.
- Next, break the egg in a small bowl, however making sure the egg yolk remains intact.
- When the water is cooking, you can add the vinegar. Mix this shortly and bring the water to a boil again. Turn the heat on a low level. The big bubbles should be gone and only small bubbles should appear on the bottom of the pan.
- Use a whisk to create a strong whirlpool, and while the whirlpool is still there, you can gently drop the egg in the center of the whirlpool. Let the egg cook for about 3 minutes, after which you can take it out with a slotted spoon.
- Keeping the in the slotted spoon, tap the egg on a kitchen towel to remove any water.
- Poach the second egg using the same steps as above.
- Add the poached eggs on top of the mashed avocado.
- Top the toast with the Seaweed Bacon, radish slices and some salt & pepper. Enjoy!?
You need the following product to prepare this dish:
Get it !
Are you feeling creative?
You can share your recipes with us via Instagram or Facebook, don't forget to use #iseabacon!
To receive the latest recipes from Seamore subscribe to our Newsletter.