I sea avocado toast with poached egg
By Lieke Boerema from @dutchfoodheritage
- 4 pieces of Seamore’s Seaweed Bacon
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- A few radishes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp vinegar
For the avocado mash
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 lemon
- Optional: parsley
- Let’s start preparing the water for the poached eggs. Bring about a liter of water to a boil. Besides that, you can already toast the slices of bread.
- Then, the mashed avocado. For this, you cut open the avocado. Remove the seed and scoop out the avocado flesh. Mix the avocado with a pinch of salt, pepper, freshly grated lemon zest and lemon juice. If you like to add any herbs like cilantro or parsley, you can chop that and mix it in as well.
- Divide the mashed avocado on the two slices of bread.
- Heat the olive oil in the frying pan, and bake the Seaweed Bacon for about 30 seconds.
- Break the egg in a small bowl, however making sure the egg yolk remains intact.
- When the water is cooking, you can add the vinegar. Mix this shortly and bring the water to a boil again. Turn the heat on a low level. The big bubbles should be gone and only small bubbles should appear on the bottom of the pan.
- Use a whisk to create a strong whirlpool, and while the whirlpool is still there, you can gently drop the egg in de center of the whirlpool. Let the egg cook for about 3 minutes, whereafter you can take it out with a slotted spoon. Dap the egg, in the slotted spoon, on a kitchen towel to remove any water. Repeat the same for the other egg.
- Add the poached eggs on top of the mashed avocado. Decorate the toast with the Seaweed Bacon, some radish slices and some salt & pepper. Enjoy!💚
You need the following product to prepare this dish:
Are you feeling creative?
You can share your recipes with us via Instagram or Facebook, don’t forget to use #iseabacon!
To receive the latest recipes from Seamore subscribe to our Newsletter.