I sea caribbean chips
A delicious Caribbean seaweed bowl packed full of delicious ingredients like marinated tempeh, banana chips, seaweed salad, wasabi dressing and of course our seaweed nachos to finish it all off.
By Lucy van der Voort from @yourmealplanners
Lucy van der Voort@yourmealplanners Read More
So delicious, a bit salty, a little seaflavour. Seriously good!
Share on facebook
Share on pinterest
For for 2 people:
- 100g rice of your own choice
- 125g seaweed salad
- 1 plantain
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- About 10 radishes, in slices
- 2 hands of Seaweed Nachos
For the tempeh marinade (you can also buy tempeh that is already marinated):
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sweet soy sauce (ketjap)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp sambal
- 1 tsp honey
- Juice of half a lime
For the wasabi dressing:
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbs Greek (lactofree) yogurt
- 1 tsp wasabi
- Juice of half a lemon
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Make the marinade for the tempeh by mixing all the ingredients together and put this together with the tempeh in a bowl. Leave this for at least 10 minutes. Longer is better!
- Cook the rice following the package instructions.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl until smooth.
- Cut the radishes in slices and mix these together with the seaweed salad already in a big salad bowl.
- Fry the tempeh in a bit of olive oil in about 5 minutes on medium heat until they are crunchy. Shovel regularly, they can go really fast due to the ketjap marinade!
- Scoop the rice and fried tempeh by the seaweed salad with the radishes. Now you can crumble the seaweed nachos on top of your salad. They will give a delicious crunch!
- Peel the plantain with a paring knife. You can’t peel it like a normal banana. After you removed the skin, you cut the banana in slices from about 1 cm thick. If you cut them a bit thinner than the chips will become even more crunchy.
- Put a skillet on the stove and warm up the coconut oil. Let it get hot. When the oil is hot you put the slice’s banana in the pan. Don’t put them on top of each other but make sure that they all have their own space in the pan!
- Turn around after about 2 minutes, they are then golden brown. Let it bake for a while and then you remove them from the pan. If everything went well than they will be golden brown and crunchy on both sides,
- Leave them to drain on kitchen paper and serve them together with the wasabi dressing, with the seaweed- rice salad!
You need the following product to prepare this dish:
Get it !
Are you feeling creative?
You can share your recipes with us via Instagram or Facebook, don't forget to use #greennachos!
To receive the latest recipes from Seamore subscribe to our Newsletter.