I sea couscous salad recipe
This couscous salad recipe is full of colorful and healthy ingredients. Our Seaweed Tortilla Chips add an extra burst of color and the perfect crunchy texture. The salad bowl looks impressive but is quick and easy to assemble. The recipe is already vegetarian, but can easily be made 100% plant-based by swapping out the mayonnaise and cottage cheese with vegan alternatives.
By Thamar Zeijen from @thaamskookshow
Thamar Zeijen@thaamskookshow Read More
"I liked these chips even better than normal tortilla chips! In addition, they are also vegan and gluten-free, so a perfect option for everyone. Especially in a salad like this they are a great addition and give extra crunch to the dish."
Share on facebook
Share on pinterest
- Handful of Seamore's Seaweed Chips
- 75g couscous
- Fresh cilantro
- ½ cube of vegetable stock
- ½ mango
- ¼ avocado
- 2 tbsp chickpeas
- Paprika powder Garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. cottage cheese
- 1 tsp mayonnaise
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- White wine vinegar
- 125g falafel
- 3 tbsp canned red cabbage
Couscous Salad Preparation
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Prepare the couscous according to the package: soak the couscous for 5 minutes in warm water (in which dissolved the vegetable stock cube). Read on the package exactly how many ml of water is needed for 75 g of couscous and do not use more water than necessary.
- Rinse the chickpeas briefly under the tap and place them on a baking tray. Marinate them with some paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper and a little bit of olive oil.
- Next roast the chickpeas in the oven for 15-20 minutes to roast them nice and crispy.
- Finely chop the coriander and mix it with the couscous with some more salt and pepper.
- Cut the mango and avocado into the desired shape.
- Heat a frying pan with some olive oil and fry the falafel in it.
- Make a sauce with the cottage cheese, mayonnaise, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper. The sauce should not become too thin, but mix these ingredients together to taste.
- Put the couscous in a bowl and complete your salad with the mango, avocado, red cabbage (cold), the roasted chickpeas, falafel, seaweed chips and 2 tbsp of dressing.
- Add a little more salt, pepper and fresh coriander if desired. Enjoy! ?
You need the following product to prepare this dish:
Find in a Store Near You
Are you feeling creative?
You can share your recipes with us via Instagram or Facebook, don't forget to use #greennachos!
To receive the latest recipes from Seamore subscribe to our Newsletter.