I sea crema de elote
Looking for something less spicy between all the violence of the chili peppers when you feel like cooking Mexican food ? Crema de elote is an extremely tasty, creamy soup based on corn. Except for the jalapeño topping, very child-friendly, but of course you can also replace those peppers for extra Seaweed Chips.
By Anouk Goedegebuur from @anoukgdgbuur
Share on facebook
Share on pinterest
Anouk Goedegebuur@anoukgdgbuur Read More
"The crunchy seaweed chips are the perfect topping for this creamy soup."
Ingredients (for 4 big bowls)
- Seamore's Original Seaweed Chips
- 5 corn cobs (of 200g each)
- 1 red onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 150g leek
- 2 tbsp of ghee (or coconut oil)
- ½ tsp oregano
- 800 ml stock (chicken or vegetable)
- 250 ml whole milk (or coconut milk)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lime juice, to taste
- Sliced jalapeño pepper, to taste
- Start by washing and cutting the vegetables. Cut the corn kernels (from top to bottom) from the cob, the leek into rings and the onion and garlic finely.
- Heat the ghee in a large pan and fry the onion and garlic until they are glassy. Add the leek and fry for a few minutes.
- Then add the corn kernels, oregano, stock and milk to the pan and bring everything to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- Place the lid on the pan and leave this to simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Puree the content of the pan with a stick blender until smooth.
- Taste and season the crema de elote with lime juice and salt and pepper.
- Pour the soup into bowls, finish with jalapeño if desired and serve with Seaweed Chips. Enjoy! ?
You need the following product to prepare this dish:
Find in a Store Near You
Are you feeling creative?
You can share your recipes with us via Instagram or Facebook, don't forget to use #greennachos!
To receive the latest recipes from Seamore subscribe to our Newsletter.