I sea crunchy fried chicken
KFC got nothing on us. We made a tastier and healthier version of their famous crunchy fried chicken. This is the perfect comfort food and easy to make.
By Ellen Paanakker from @fabandfitonabudget
For the chicken:
- Seamore’s Surfin’ Sweet Chilli Seaweed Chips
- 1 chickenbreast
- A few drops hot sauce
- Onion powder
- Chili powder
- Beaten egg
For the coleslaw:
- 1/8 red cabbage, cut finely
- 1/8 white cabbage, cut finely
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- Few drops of beet juice
- Cut the chicken in pieces, put in a bowl and pour the buttermilk over it in such way that the pieces are completely submerged. Add a few drops hot sauce, for example sriracha. Leave the chicken in the fridge to marinate in the buttermilk for a few hours.
- Grind the chips into coarse crumbs in a kitchen machine.
- Make 3 bowls, one filled with cornstarch in which you mix in the salt, onion powder and chilipowder, the other bowl with the beaten egg and the last bowl with the crumbs of the chips.
- Dip the chicken in the cornstarch first, then into the egg and finally into the crumbs. Press down a little. Bake in an air-fryer on 190 degrees for about 15 minute.
- In the meanwhile make the coleslaw by mixing the red cabbage and white cabbage with a little mayonaisse and few drops of beet juice.
- Serve with a spicy mayonaisse (mix mayonaisse, sriracha and a little beet juice) and extra Seaweed Chips. Enjoy! 💚
You need the following product to prepare this dish:
Are you feeling creative?
You can share your recipes with us via Instagram or Facebook, don’t forget to use #greennachos!
To receive the latest recipes from Seamore subscribe to our Newsletter.