I sea Fava Bean Stew
This is one of our favorite plant-based recipes of the middle eastern kitchen. Usually served with bread. but we love to use Seaweed Chips for crunch, taste and extra nutrients.
By Mirka Kudlacova from @amira.cookland
- 1 tin of fava beans
- 1 large diced onion
- 3 cloves diced garlic
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon tahini
- 1/3 black pepper & salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/3 tsp paprika
- 1 – 2 boiled eggs
- 3 stems parsley
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Preheat a large pan or pot and start to cook onions and garlic in cooking oil. Add cumin seeds and fry them together with onions.
- In another pot boil 2 eggs and cook them for about 20 minutes.
- Open a tin of fava beans and rinse properly. Transfer to the same pot and add some water. Season with paprika, salt.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer uncovered for 15 minutes until water is absorbed, mash some beans with a wooden spoon too desired consistency.
- Finally add some tahini with lemon juice and stir well.
- Serve with fresh parsley, eggs and Seaweed Chips. Enjoy!💚
You need the following product to prepare this dish:
Are you feeling creative?
You can share your recipes with us via Instagram or Facebook, don’t forget to use #iseachips!
To receive the latest recipes from Seamore subscribe to our Newsletter.