I sea Dutch herring sandwich
From June to September, we have a Dutch Herring season in the Netherlands. In May, when the fishes have not yet reproduced, the fishes are more fatty, bigger and ‘ as experts say’ more delicious. Enjoy this fish with a sandwich and seaweed chips!
By Lieke Boerema from @dutchfoodheritage
- Seamore’s Surfin’ Sweet Chilli Seaweed Chips
- 4 buns
- 4 Hollandse Nieuwe Fishes or Dutch Herring
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 small white onion
- 20g parsley or cilantro
- 1/4 jalapeño
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
The Cucumber Salsa
- Cut the cucumber and white onion in even cubes. Chop the parsley and, if you like to add any spice, some jalapeño very fine.
- Mix the cucumber, onion, parsley, jalapeño, juice of ½ lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper. Taste the salsa and add any additional flavoring to your liking.
- Use a bread knife to cut the buns open. Add a piece of fish and top with the cucumber salsa!
- Serve the bun with the Seaweed Chips. Enjoy! 💚
You need the following product to prepare this dish:
Are you feeling creative?
You can share your recipes with us via Instagram or Facebook, don’t forget to use #greennachos!
To receive the latest recipes from Seamore subscribe to our Newsletter.