This is the perfect meal to warm you up as the days get cooler. It is originally a soup made with the classic jack-o-lantern pumpkins that people buy for halloween, we love this idea to reduce food waste. We used the seaweed bacon as a topping, adding a great crunch and nutrients.
By Magna Carta
Share on facebook
Share on pinterest
For the soup:
1. Add in a pan on medium heat the olive oil together with the onion, leek, pumpkin and the garlic paste.
2. Add the dairy cream and the water until the vegetables are covered.
3. Cook this for about 25 minutes.
4. Add the sweet pumpkin cream, Vadouvan, fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix this with a hand-blender, untill it takes a creamy texture.
For the Arancini:
5. Add the rice to the pan on medium heat together with the mushrooms.
6. Reduce the heat by pouring white wine and once it evaporates add 500 ml of water.
7. Reduce the heat and let the rice absorb the water. Once the rice is ready and there is no humidity in the pan add the parmesan, La spezia mix, butter, salt, pepper and mix this.
8. Transfer this in a baking dish and let it cool down. Once the mixture has cooled down, we make balls with our hands (50g each ball) and we bread them as usual with flour, egg and stroganoff mixture.
9. Fry the arancini until they get a golden colour.
10. Fry the Seaweed Bacon following the packaging instructions.
11. Serve the soup. Add on the top of the dish the arancini, seaweed bacon, pumpkin seeds and some olive oil. Place this all in the center of the dish. Enjoy!?
You need the following product to prepare this dish:
You can share your recipes with us via Instagram or Facebook, don't forget to use #iseabacon!
To receive the latest recipes from Seamore subscribe to our Newsletter.