I sea colorful jackfruit bitterballen
One of the tastiest snacks we have ever made. These colorful jackfruit bitterballen are really crunchy, have a delicious meaty structure and a cheerful color. This festive, vegetarian version is an innovative interpretation of a much loved Dutch snack. Only an oven or air fryer needed.
By Manon Jousset from @courgetticonfetti
Manon Jousset@courgetticonfetti Read More
"These chips are not only tasty but also a sustainable choice."
Share on facebook
Share on pinterest
- 1 can of young jackfruit
- 50gr of Seamore's Seaweed Chips, choose your favorite flavor
- 50g oat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 shallot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1-2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 tsp chili flakes or more if you like it spicy
- Preheat the oven on 180 degrees or use an air fryer.
- Put the jackfruit pieces in a sieve and rinse them with cold water. Then chop them into small pieces.
- Chop the shallot and fry in a pan. After a minute, add the crushed garlic cloves, 1 tbsp tomato puree, 1 tbsp smoked paprika and a good pinch of salt. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Fry everything for a few minutes on medium heat.
- Add everything to a large bowl and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare one bowl with a beaten egg and one bowl with the seaweed chips. Mash the chips finely. We used two different flavors.
- Once the filling has cooled down a bit, add 1 egg and the oat flour to the jackfruit and stir everything together.
- Make about 10 to 12 balls of the jackfruit, then dip them in the egg and then in the chips. Place them on a baking tray with baking paper.
- Bake the jackfruit bitterballen in the oven for 20 minutes or in the airfryer for 10 minutes. Turn or shake them halfway through. Enjoy! ?
You need the following product to prepare this dish:
Find in a Store Near You
Are you feeling creative?
You can share your recipes with us via Instagram or Facebook, don't forget to use #greennachos!
To receive the latest recipes from Seamore subscribe to our Newsletter.