I sea pasta with carrots and a creamy pesto sauce
This creamy pasta dish is perfect for an Italian night at home. By using the seaweed pasta in this plant-based dish, you add delicious and unique flavors!
By Lieke Boerema from @dutchfoodheritage
Lieke Boerema@dutchfoodheritage Read More
"Adding seaweed to this pasta dish doesn’t only lower the carbohydrates, but also adds extra jodium, omega 3 & iron! To me, that’s a great way of eating healthier!"
Share on facebook
Share on pinterest
- 60g of Seamore’s Seaweed Pasta
- 150g spaghetti (in this recipe we used black spaghetti)
- 1 small shallot
- 100g carrots
- 2 tbsp red pesto
- 120g (plant-based) creme fraîche
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven on 160 degrees Celsius or 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to an oven tray. Sprinkle with some salt, pepper & olive oil. Roast the tomatoes until caramelized. This should take about 45 minutes.
- Cut the carrots in thin strips and the shallot in small cubes.
- Bring some water to boil.
- Fry the shallots and carrots in a pan for about 5 minutes. Then add the pesto, creme fraîche and 50 ml of water. Mix everything and bring to a boil. Leave to simmer for 5 minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Once the water is cooking, you can add the seaweed pasta. Cook the seaweed pasta for 10 minutes, whereafter you can add the other pasta. From this moment, you need to cook everything for another 8 minutes. Transfer 1 soupspoon of the water used for the pasta to the sauce and then drain the pasta.
- Bring the sauce to a boil and let it reduce to your preferred thickness. Then add the pasta & tomatoes and mix everything.
Serve the pasta with arugula , enjoy! ?
You need the following product to prepare this dish:
Get it !
Are you feeling creative?
You can share your recipes with us via Instagram or Facebook, don't forget to use #iseapasta!
To receive the latest recipes from Seamore subscribe to our Newsletter.