I sea pasta with carrots and a creamy pesto sauce
By Lieke Boerema from @dutchfoodheritage
- 60g of Seamore’s Seaweed Pasta
- 150g spaghetti (in this recipe we used black spaghetti)
- 1 small shallot
- 100g carrots
- 2 tbsp red pesto
- 120g (plant-based) creme fraîche
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven on 160 degrees Celsius or 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to an oven tray. Sprinkle with some salt, pepper & olive oil. Roast the tomatoes until caramelized. This should take about 45 minutes.
- Cut the carrots in thin strips and the shallot in small cubes.
- Bring some water to boil.
- Fry the shallots and carrots in a pan for about 5 minutes. Then add the pesto, creme fraîche and 50 ml of water. Mix everything and bring to a boil. Leave to simmer for 5 minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Once the water is cooking, you can add the seaweed pasta. Cook the seaweed pasta for 10 minutes, whereafter you can add the other pasta. From this moment, you need to cook everything for another 8 minutes. Transfer 1 soupspoon of the water used for the pasta to the sauce and then drain the pasta.
- Bring the sauce to a boil and let it reduce to your preferred thickness. Then add the pasta & tomatoes and mix everything.
Serve the pasta with arugula , enjoy! 💚
You need the following product to prepare this dish:
Are you feeling creative?
You can share your recipes with us via Instagram or Facebook, don’t forget to use #iseapasta!
To receive the latest recipes from Seamore subscribe to our Newsletter.