I sea plant-based Banh Mi
We upgraded the classic Vietnamese sandwich with seaweed chips, adding crunch and a sweet and spicy flavor. This vegan Banh Mi sandwich is perfect for any time when you need some good energy. Enjoy the Surfin' Sweet Chili Seaweed Chips as a crunchy filling and as the perfect side dish.
By Jem Mantiri from @thefruityjem
Jem Mantiri@thefruityjem Read More
"The seaweed chips are gonna give this sandwich a nice crunch and an added sweet and spicy flavor."
Share on facebook
Share on pinterest
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 handful Seamore's Surfin' Sweet Chilli Chips
- 1 french baguette
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 large carrot
- 1 bunch coriander/cilantro
- 1 green chilli
- 1 red chilli
For the tofu marinade
- 150g tofu
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Start by cutting the tofu into slices as in the picture. Mix in the rest of the marinade ingredients and marinade the tofu. We did this for 15 minutes, but the longer the better.
- Then, bake the tofu in the oven for 15 minutes at 220 degrees.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the cucumber and cut the carrot into thin strips.
- Stuff the baguette with the cucumber, carrot, coriander and seaweed chips.
- The tofu should be done by now. Add it to your banh mi and top it with some green and red chili. Enjoy! ?
You need the following product to prepare this dish:
Find in a Store Near You
Are you feeling creative?
You can share your recipes with us via Instagram or Facebook, don't forget to use #greennachos!
To receive the latest recipes from Seamore subscribe to our Newsletter.