I sea risotto
Dear seaweirdo’s, I sea pasta lovers, baconfans,
How often do you experience something that reshapes your view? We believe we have found something that will change the way we think of food. I sea bacon is our new hero. And we are a fan! When we found out the seaweed called ‘Dulse’ turns into this heavenly green bacon when you fry it, we immediately wanted to try out all our favorite bacon recipes.
Today we will upgrade a traditional dish with I sea bacon: risotto! We will create ‘I sea risotto’.
- 12 I sea bacon leaves
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 500 gr asparagus, trimmed, cut into 2-inch length
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cups arborio rice or medium-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (if needed)
- Tear I sea bacon leaves in smaller pieces. Heat a layer of olive oil in a pan. Put a few bacon leaves in the hot oil (make sure that bacon leaves don`t touch the bottom of the pan).
- Bake the leaves 10sec on each side, till they turn green. Put the baked leaves out of the pan on a paper towel, repeat for all of the leaves.
- Blanch asparagus pieces in large pot of boiling, salted water 2 minutes. Drain. Rinse asparagus under cold water. Drain the asparagus well.
- Bring the chicken broth to simmer in small saucepan. Reduce the heat to low and keep the broth hot. Heat olive oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir 3 minutes. Add dry white wine and cook until the liquid evaporates. Continue cooking until rice is tender but still slightly firm in center and mixture is creamy, adding chicken broth 1 cup at a time and stirring almost constantly, about 20 minutes.
- Add blanched asparagus pieces and stir until heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add 6 tablespoons butter and stir until incorporated. Stir in grated Parmesan cheese. Season risotto to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put baked I sea bacon leaves on the top of the dish and spread it over 4 plates
3) Ready to enjoy!
You need the following product to prepare this dish: