I sea skillet lamb shawarma wraps
Looking for a new type of wrapcipe (wrap recipe) ? We love these seaweed wraps filled with homemade garlic sauce, Turkish red cabbage salad and a healthy version of the famous Turkish shawarma. This skillet lamb shawarma wraps are the ideal healthy upgrade to the beloved street food.
By Mirka Kudlacova from @amira.cookland
Mirka Kudlacova@amiracookland Read More
"I really enjoyed these wraps and will definitely include more seaweed in my diet for its health benefits and great taste."
Share on facebook
Share on pinterest
For the shawarma kebabs
- 1/2 kg lamb cubes
- 2 gloves of garlic
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 lemon (the juice)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 thin bamboo skewers
Ingredients for the garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp greek yoghurt
- 1/2 tbsp water
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- A pinch of salt
What you'll need for the Turkish red cabbage salad
- 1/4 cabbage head
- 1/2 lemon (the juice) or vinegar
- Salt to taste
Required ingredients for the roasted aubergine strips
- 1 medium aubergine, cut into strips
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 tsp of salt
For the shawarma kebabs:
- First, marinate the lamb cubes with the garlic, smoked paprika powder, ginger, turmeric, garam masala, lemon zest, olive oil and greek yoghurt. Leave to marinate for at least 20 - 30 minutes.
- After your lamb has marinated, preheat a grill pan.
- While the grill pan heats up, thread the lamb cubes onto your skewers. (We recommend 2-3 skewers per person).
- Next, grill the skewers in the pan on high eat. Rotate after 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the cooked skewers from the pan and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Finally, season the skewers with freshly squeezed lemon and a pinch of salt.
Create the garlic sauce
- Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl until you have a nice and creamy spread.
Prepare the Turkish red cabbage salad
- Slice the cabbage into thin strips. Marinate with the lemon juice or vinegar for at least 15-20 minutes. Finish the salad by seasoning with salt (to taste).
For the roasted aubergine strips
- Finally, marinate the aubergine strips in a large bowl with the olive oil and salt for at least 20 minutes, roast in a pan on medium heat until soft.
Spread your seaweed wraps with the garlic sauce, top with the cabbage salad, shawarma and aubergine strips. Enjoy! ?
You need the following product to prepare this dish:
Get it !
Are you feeling creative?
You can share your recipes with us via Instagram or Facebook, don't forget to use #iseawraps!
To receive the latest recipes from Seamore subscribe to our Newsletter.