I sea Turkish pide
This classic Turkish recipe will be enjoyed by everybody. We love to serve the pides with Seaweed Chips. They are the perfect crunchy, tasty and nutritious side dish together with some fresh salad.
By Mirka Kudlacova from @amira.cookland
- Seamore’s Seaweed Chips
- 300g all-purpose flour
- 14g dried yeast
- 1 tsp of sugar to activate the yeast
- 240ml warm milk or water
- A pinch of salt
- Mince lamb
- 2 tomatoes, diced or tomato sauce
- Spices: paprika powder, coriander and garam masala
- Dried mint
- Stir dried active yeast with sugar in a small bowl and pour half of the warm milk. Dissolve the yeast in milk, set this aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine flour with salt in a large bowl and then add the yeast mixture. Knead for about 3 minutes until you have smooth dough.
- Cover the dough with a cloth and leave it to rise for about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare your filing. Start to cook the minced lamb in a pan, add spices and salt. Cook this for about 20 minutes, add the tomato sauce and stir well. Using an immersion blender makes the meat mixture more smooth.
- Once is dough has risen, preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the dough on a floured surface. Divide the dough into small even balls.
- The pide should be thin, make sure the thickness is 1/2 cm. Roll the dough into oval shapes. By using roll transfer dough into a baking tray.
- Spread the meat mixture and close corners into a pide shape. Brush edges with olive oil.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until the pide is golden brown.
- Once the pide is cooled, cut into slices and serve with hummus, seaweed chips and salad on the side. Enjoy!💚
You need the following products to prepare this dish:
Are you feeling creative?
You can share your recipes with us via Instagram or Facebook, don’t forget to use #greennachos!
To receive the latest recipes from Seamore subscribe to our Newsletter.