I sea plant-based tofunese
Plant-based eating has never been so flavorful. Reinvent the Italian classic with tofu instead of meat and seaweed pasta instead of classic pasta.
- 100 gr I sea pasta (1 pack)
- 400 gr tufu (natural and unsmoked)
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp soy sauce (unsweetened)
- Italian herbs, salt, pepper and chilli flakes to taste
- Nutritional yeast
- Olive oil
- Soak I sea pasta in lukewarm water for 20 min.
- Rinse I sea pasta in a colander and put it into boiling water (make sure pasta is under water). Let it cook for 20 min.
- Cut the onion and garlic into small pieces.
- Cut the tofu into pieces and then mash it with a fork until it has the consistency of minced meat.
- Fry the tofu for several minutes in some olive oil till it starts to turn slightly brown. Stir frequently!
- Add onions and garlic and fry until soft. Then add soy sauce to the pan and let cook for one more minute.
- Add tomato sauce and chopped tomatoes and let it simmer for a few minutes. Add herbs and spices to taste.
- Rinse the cooked I sea pasta and stir it through the sauce.
- Divide over 4 plates and sprinkle some nutritional yeast and more chilli flakes on top.
You need the following product to prepare this dish:
Are you feeling creative?
You can share your recipes with us via Instagram or Facebook, don’t forget to use #greennachos!
To receive the latest recipes from Seamore subscribe to our Newsletter!